Today’s competitive world is changing rapidly and therefore agile brand positioning and protection is key to be responsive to continual market changes. A good brand positioning means that you know who your target audience is, what differentiates you from your competitors, and what will make your audience believe in your product or service. Building a good brand is not enough, protecting it is as important to prevent your products popping up in other markets.
During the first two events we have shared knowledge and experiences about how to accelerate your business, how to optimize your idea and how to build your strategy. This third event aims to help you achieve a well-positioned and protected brand, by learning from high profile speakers and by actively participating in the round table discussions. Entrepreneurs with similar startup or SME maturity level will discuss a business case with each other in small groups, with the objective to learn from each other’s experiences in a structured way. The evening will conclude with networking drinks.
Colin Anderson - Managing Director Brandcourage
Colin Anderson is a brand specialist with 30 years experience in B2B, B2C and government programs. He founded Brandcourage, which is a brand consultancy firm based in Singapore with a worldwide partnership with Pico that has 31 offices worldwide.
Jadranko Dovic - Managing Director at VDL Enabling Technologies Group
Jadranko Dovic is managing director at VDL ETG Singapore. VDL ETG Singapore operates in the business of system integration of mechatronic (sub)systems and modules for OEMs in the high-tech capital equipment industry and in the area of production mechanization. As a system supplier, VDL ETG covers the value chain from (co-) engineering through parts production to assembly and testing.
Minos van Joolingen - Partner at Banning Legal & Tax
Minos advises Dutch and foreign companies on a legal and strategic level concerning cross-border expansion of their activities. In this regard, Minos takes into account the underlying business issues, the health and growth of the company during the discussions held prior to the decision to expand. During this process, Minos integrates business strategy and organizational management concerns in order to make a valuable contribution to the international marketing objectives of his clients.
Date and programme:
Thursday 24 November 2016, 06.00 pm - 10.00 pm
06.00 - 06.45 pm Registration (door will close at 19:00)
06.45 - 07.00 pm Opening
07.00 - 07.25 pm Colin Anderson - Brand positioning as the way forward to sell your product or service
07.25 - 07.50 pm Jadranko Dovic – How VDL is positioning their brand
07.50 - 08.15 pm Minos van Joolingen -The importance of protecting your Brand
08.15 - 08.25 pm Break
08.25 - 09.05 pm Round table discussions (15 min per topic)
09.05 - 09.10 pm Recap of the evening (speakers)
09.10 - 09.15 pm Introduction of event #4
09.15 - 10.00 pm Networking drinks
LATTICE80 - The World's Largest Fintech Hub
80 Robinson Road #08-00, Singapore 068898
We are very honored to organize the third event at this global Fintech Hub that will cover over 30,000 sq ft. LATTICE80 is located in the Central Business District (CBD), close to the key financial institutions, stock exchange and the regulators. This not-for-profit initiative is set up to help fintech start-ups, support existing firms and develop new technology
Please use the button below to register. You cannot register at the ADB website.
ADB/DutchCham Members: S$25
Registration will close on Wednesday 16 November 2016.
The committee of the Startup & SME Academy reserves the right to make a selection from the subscribers at its sole discretion. The amount which has been paid shall be refunded to subscribers who are not selected for this event.
On Monday 21 November 2016 the participants that are invited will receive a confirmation email.
The Startup & SME Academy is meant for:
- Dutch founders, co-founders and employees of startups and SMEs in Singapore.
- In particular, our events are interesting for those who are currently in one of the following lifecycle stages: validation, growth and professionalisation.
- Dutch and Singaporean angel investors, seed investors and venture capitalists.
- Members of the Dutch Chamber of Commerce and Association of Dutch Businesspeople have priority over non-members.
- eople who are considering either working for a startup or for a corporate are recommended to attend regular events organised by the Dutch Chamber of Commerce and Association of Dutch Businesspeople.
- The Startup & SME Academy does not provide ticket fee (incl. Eventbrite costs) refunds.
- In case you send us a cancelation request no later than 7 days prior to an event, the Startup & SME Academy will offer you the possibility to attend the next event.
- In case you send us a cancelation request within 7 days prior to an event, no compensation is available.
- Should an event be cancelled or postponed due to unforeseen circumstances, the Startup & SME Academy will endeavour to process a full refund.
- Kindly let us know in time if you cannot make it as there is limited availability. We may give a penalty in case a member registers for this event but does not attend without prior cancellation.