Participating in the Startup & SME Academy (SSA) is not only about learning and networking. It’s also about winning by showing what you are able to: moving your business to the next level after this 2016/2017 curriculum.
To celebrate the end of the SSA’s first year, and to give every participant the chance to become the official winner, we have created an interactive and fun-packed challenge in collaboration with Get in the Ring. All aspects of entrepreneurship discussed over the past year will come together in this SSA final, with special guest the former Prime Minister of the Netherlands, Professor Jan Peter Balkenende. On top of this, you have a chance to win a spot (and free flight) at Get In The Ring’s annual Global Conference in 2018.
Join this selection event for the Global Startup Competition of Get in the Ring! Be one of the startups that compete to gain exposure, perfect their pitch and get connected to investors, business leaders and other startups enthusiasts. Please register via this link
Part 1: Pitch training | 3pm – 5pm: Practice your pitch together with peers and get feedback from experts during this training session. Experienced entrepreneurs Joeri Gianotten, Partner at AccelerAsia, and Clement Chio, Presence Coach at Speechionizers, will share their expertise and help participants with their pitches during this first part of the program.
Part 2: Selection pitches | 5pm – 6.30pm: Participants will pitch for a spot on the main stage of the competition. They will have to pitch in front of and convince an experienced jury why they should proceed to the next round.
Break 6.30pm - 7.30pm: A light dinner buffet will be served.
Part 3: Get in the Ring Battle competition | 7.30pm – 8.00pm: The highlight of every Get in the Ring event! During this competition selected startups will battle on the main stage in front of a large audience, and demonstrate their unique value proposition to a high profile jury and compete for the attention of potential fans, and a ticket to Get in the Ring’s annual Global Meetup.
Part 4: Networking drinks | 8.00pm – 9.30pm: at the Hollandse Club.
- Gene Kwee – Head of Tax at Mazars
- Mare Straetmans – Managing Director at PortXL
- Carolien Sandee – Senior Manager Business Development at EY
- Wen Chun Low – Director of Investments at Fundnet
- Catherine Barr Randall – Executive Director Singapore at FutureBrand
- H.E. Margriet Vonno, Ambassador of the Kingdom of the Netherlands to Singapore and Brunei
- Professor Jan Peter Balkenende, Former Prime Minister of the Netherlands
- Maarten Hemmes, Founder/CEO of CarPal
- Minos van Joolingen, Managing partner at BANNING Legal & Tax
- Melissa Lim, Co-founder of BiTS.sg and LadyBoss
A few things to note:
- Part 1 and 2 are open to participants, crew and jury only. Part 3 and the networking drinks will be attended by a larger audience present at the Hollandse Club. This means during the Battle competition there will be a real opportunity for exposure to a wider community.
- Participants have to join the full event, which means it is not possible to join in part 2 (and 3) of the program only without following the pitch training.
- Members and non-members of the Dutch Chamber of Commerce and Association of Dutch Businesspeople can register at Eventbrite. Members have priority over non-members.
- There will be a cap on the number of participants and if registrations exceeds that cap, the SSA committee reserves the right to select participants at its sole discretion. Registrants who are not selected for this event shall be fully refunded.