Connecting the Dutch Startup & SME community in Singapore
The goal of the Startup & SME Academy is to provide relevant content and peer-to-peer knowledge sharing for Dutch professionals that are part of the Startup and Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SME) community in Singapore and for local stakeholders keen on working together with Dutch Startups and SME’s.
Every six weeks there will an event, which will be led by one or more experts regarding a particular topic. Each session has the same structure: speakers that share their knowledge and experience, interactive group sessions and networking. There will be plenty of time for questions, discussion, pitch business ideas and receive on the spot feedback.
The Startup & SME Academy is meant for:
- Dutch founders, co-founders and employees of startups and SMEs in Singapore.
- In particular, our events are interesting for those who are currently in one of the following lifecycle stages: validation, growth and professionalisation.
- Dutch and Singaporean angel investors, seed investors and venture capitalists.
- Members of the Dutch Chamber of Commerce and Association of Dutch Businesspeople have priority over non-members.
- People who are considering either working for a startup or for a corporate are recommended to attend regular events organised by the Dutch Chamber of Commerce and Association of Dutch Businesspeople.
Wednesday 16 May 2018
Scaling up your business; the obstacles and the rewards &
Sharing best practices between Singapore and the Netherlands
Special Guest of Honor HRH Prince Constantijn van Oranje
Two fireside chats (panel discussions) with investors and business owners to talk about the challenges and experiences in Singapore in an informal setting through expert-led panel discussions and presentations. Prince Constantijn will moderate the discussions.
• 5.30pm Open registration
• 6.00 pm Welcome by Barbara Guerpillon
• 6.15 pm Panel 1 Discussion, moderator Prince Constantijn
• 6.45 pm Panel 2 Discussion, moderator Prince Constantijn
• 7.15 pm Wrap Up & Summary
• 7.30 pm Informal networking drinks
• 8.30 pm End
Panel 1, startup panel:
Grace Sai, Co-Founder & CEO @ Found (previously the Impact hub)
Ricardo van Loenen, Co-Founder & CEO @ B. Amsterdam
Ginny Eckblad, Co-Founder @ Gorilla Space
Paul du Long, CTO @ Bluemeg
Panel 2, scale-up panel:
Steve Melhuish, Co-Founder & Vice Chairman @ PropertyGuru
Kuo Yi, Managing Partner @ Monk`s hill
Vignesa Moorthy, CEO @ ViewQwest
Pieter Kemps, Principal @ Sequoia
When: 16 May 2018, 5.30-8.30pm
Where: Unilever Foundry, Mapletree Business City
Special guest: His Royal Highness Prince Constantijn
Rate: Free of charge
Visit of Prime Minister Rutte to Academy:
“I like the 'learning by doing' approach, and looking forward to the next one. Good synergy between ADB, DutchCham, Dutch Embassy and Startup/SME ecosystem. Great TEAMwork.”
“This was a very inspirational and well organized event.”
“Very well organised event. Interactive so kept people motivated and involved. Definitely recommend to any budding start up entrepreneur or an established business.”